FORUM JACQUES VILLENEUVE LOUNGE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Videochat
Connectez votre webcam et venez discuter sur Quick Visio JV-LOUNGE
--------
Go and chat with webcam on Quick Visio JV-LOUNGE
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G ...
Voir le deal
389 €

F1 - Formula 1 World Championship

+11
fish
ledug
lastgard
sessions
Simon
kineticKid
Monte Cristo
abf1
SpeedMetal
PleinGaz
Cassee
15 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

F1 - Formula 1 World Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: F1 - Formula 1 World Championship

Post  SpeedMetal Thu 17 Feb - 19:23

I hope that these peoples will free themselves, if they can't use the Bahrein GP to show to the world their conditions, just take a plane and use the next one...

One person running with a panel/sign on one F1 circuit may help to make a big difference in the following events...

SpeedMetal
Irrecuperable / Grand malade

Back to top Go down

F1 - Formula 1 World Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: F1 - Formula 1 World Championship

Post  Cassee Fri 18 Feb - 3:28

A sad day for all concerned…

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/a-sad-day-for-all-concerned/

Unfortunately, F1 has aligned itself with the wrong side. I think the GP should be cancelled.

Maybe its a good thing that JV didn't get his F1 team if it was associated with Middle East money.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Fri 18 Feb - 3:38

Cassee wrote:Maybe its a good thing that JV didn't get his F1 team if it was associated with Middle East money.

I am not sure Cassee but I think that JV called, at that time, for a special press conference just to precise that his potential F1 sponsorship was not related to this Middle East money, at all...

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sun 20 Feb - 14:35

Bahrain Crown Prince to Decide on Staging of Grand Prix, Ecclestone Says
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-20/bahrain-crown-prince-to-decide-on-staging-of-grand-prix-ecclestone-says.html

By Peter-Joseph Hegarty - Feb 20, 2011 6:47 AM MT

The Crown Prince of Bahrain will decide whether the season-opening Grand Prix goes ahead there on March 13, Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone said.

Doubt surrounds the event because of civil strife that has broken out in Bahrain as protesters call for more democracy.

“If anybody’s going to sort it out he’s the guy to do it,” Ecclestone told the British Broadcasting Corp’s Sportsweek radio program, referring to Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa. “He would decide whether or not it’s safe for us to be there.”

Arab governments are cracking down on pro-democracy activists as uprisings that toppled leaders in Tunisia and Egypt spread to Bahrain, Libya, Algeria and elsewhere.

At least five people have been killed in Bahrain and more than 100 people were being treated at the Salmaniya Hospital after violent clashes two days ago, said Ahmed Jamal, president of the Bahrain medical society.

“Let’s wait until Tuesday and see if this one’s going to take place before we decide what to do,” Ecclestone said. “Maybe we could postpone Bahrain or run it later in the year.”

Three days ago, motor racing series GP2 Asia, a junior series with ties to Formula One, canceled a race in Bahrain this weekend at the circuit in the desert south of capital Manama.

---------------------------------------

Bernie doesn't sound very sympathetic for the people of Bahrein. Just a big inconvenience for Bernie I'd say.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Wed 23 Feb - 13:49

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

F1 - Formula 1 World Championship - Page 2 Empty Good for Nick

Post  sessions Wed 23 Feb - 20:29

I'm posting here for the first time, and will add this post to my previous 4 to 5000 posts at other JV sites in the past.
As much as it's sad for Robert, I'm glad to see Nick will pilot the Renault. The only other guy more worthy would have been JV IMHO.
2011 looks to be shaping up to a very competitive year. Good Luck to Nick and its nice to see some familiar names already posting here.
It seems to be yet another year of quest for Jacques, but he still gets great support from his global fans. Go JV.

sessions

Last edited by sessions on Wed 23 Feb - 20:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : words)

sessions
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  PleinGaz Wed 23 Feb - 20:30

Welcome in the clan sessions!
PleinGaz
PleinGaz

Localisation : Rosemère, Qc, Canada, Amérique du Nord, Terre, Voie Lactée

Back to top Go down

Post  lastgard Wed 23 Feb - 21:02

welcome session and have fun with us Cool
lastgard
lastgard

http://www.quelbonvent.com

Back to top Go down

Post  abf1 Wed 23 Feb - 21:11

Hello sessions !
bounce

abf1

http://www.mypitstop.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Wed 23 Feb - 21:19

The warmest of welcomes, sessions. Tell your friends 'bout here if you wish!

http://www.lhf.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lastgard Wed 23 Feb - 21:41

simon i think that you will afraid our new friend with your avatar! Laughing
lastgard
lastgard

http://www.quelbonvent.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Wed 23 Feb - 22:11

I hope not!!! Anyways, bets are on that I will have a new one by tomorrow morning. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Thu 24 Feb - 0:03

Welcome at The Lounge, sessions! cheers

Very pleased to see you here. Very Happy

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Thu 24 Feb - 12:18

Hoping my new daily avatar will be a little less scary for our new friends. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  abf1 Thu 24 Feb - 13:12

Look at the old/new Williams livrery !?

abf1

http://www.mypitstop.fr

Back to top Go down

F1 - Formula 1 World Championship - Page 2 Empty Good For Nick

Post  Cassee Thu 24 Feb - 14:18

Hi sessions.

Nice to see you drop by. Very Happy I know Nick is one of your favorites and I really hope he gets a good car and is able to further his career and get that elusive first win. I'm sure he'll appreciate the team atmosphere at Renault compared to BMW.

Nick Heidfeld - the quiet man's time to shine?
- Published on Feb 21st, 2011
http://badgergp.com/2011/02/nick-heidfeld-the-quiet-mans-time-to-shine/

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  sessions Thu 24 Feb - 19:53

Thank you for the warm welcome, here's hoping new racing fans can be met and the bond between old fans grows stronger.
It continues to amaze me the support Jacques has here and in the racing world in general after being out of F1 the amount of time he has been. The same amazement still boggles my mind why with all his achievements, talent, and racing popularity he hasn't landed a seat. So many (way inferior) drivers are doing laps in all the major series of motor sports. JV being side-lined shows a complete injustice to the sport.
Every time he gets behind the wheel in any racing venue he generates excitement. Even his name as a team owner garnered great numbers of response on all the websites and forums covering the sport.
I just hope and pray this draught comes to a quick end and the racing world gets to see more of "The Villeneuve Magic" before time itself overshadows his extraordinary track wizardry.

sessions

Last edited by sessions on Thu 24 Feb - 19:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : words)

sessions
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Fri 25 Feb - 4:00

sessions wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome, here's hoping new racing fans can be met and the bond between old fans grows stronger.
It continues to amaze me the support Jacques has here and in the racing world in general after being out of F1 the amount of time he has been. The same amazement still boggles my mind why with all his achievements, talent, and racing popularity he hasn't landed a seat. So many (way inferior) drivers are doing laps in all the major series of motor sports. JV being side-lined shows a complete injustice to the sport.
Every time he gets behind the wheel in any racing venue he generates excitement. Even his name as a team owner garnered great numbers of response on all the websites and forums covering the sport.
I just hope and pray this draught comes to a quick end and the racing world gets to see more of "The Villeneuve Magic" before time itself overshadows his extraordinary track wizardry.

sessions

A real pleasure to read that, nothing to add. cheers cheers

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sat 26 Feb - 12:47

Why this is the right moment for women drivers in F1

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/02/why-this-is-the-right-moment-for-women-drivers-in-f1/

""As we all know, women are far better at multi tasking than men – so clearly this is a golden moment for women to make the leap into F1.

It does seem as through there are plenty of pitfalls for drivers combining the KERS and ARW when exiting a corner. Do it too soon and the car spins. With so many things to remember – some of which like the ARW have different rules for race and qualifying – there are bound to be some mix ups. Apparently the most common mistake is drivers failing to use the ARW to the maximum on a qualifying lap either by missing the button, or forgetting to use it or using it too late. There is lap time in these mistakes and it will put more pressure on the weaker drivers (and the poor multi taskers) in qualifying.""

---------------------------------------
I don't know if women are physiologically capable of building the neck muscles required. They do build the neck muscles for bobsleigh and luge.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Sat 26 Feb - 13:15

Hi Cassee, I think there is no specific problem (physical or others) for a woman to drive in a F1, IMVHO it is only a matter for one person to fully develop her potential. As for exemple, Danica is doing great.

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  sessions Sat 26 Feb - 23:44

Maybe JV's last resort to F1 is to change his name to Jacky Newtown and get a sex change. afro

sessions

sessions
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sun 27 Feb - 0:38

sessions wrote:Maybe JV's last resort to F1 is to change his name to Jacky Newtown and get a sex change. afro

sessions
Laughing Laughing

The best and the worst of Formula One
Racing series HISTORY COMMENTARY F1
Date 2011-02-25
http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=401193&FS=

""Best Pass: Jacques Villeneuve - European Grand Prix 1997""

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sun 27 Feb - 14:39

Stewart to drive F1 car in exhibition:
Barring an unforeseen scheduling hiccup, two-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart and 2008 Formula 1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton will swap racecars in an exhibition later this year, Stewart-Haas Racing spokesman Mike Arning confirmed Saturday. The seat swap comes at the hands of Mobil 1, a mutual sponsor for the two drivers, and is expected to take place at Watkins Glen International sometime during the summer. The cars involved will not be show cars. They will be legitimate race-prepared machines. Hamilton will man Stewart's road course ready # 14 Chevy, and Stewart will drive Hamilton's 2010-model F1 McClaren. The respective drivers' race teams will travel with them to the event to tune the cars.(ESPN.com)(2-27-2011)

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20110227c

Stewart may have to go on a diet.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  kineticKid Sun 27 Feb - 17:50

Cassee wrote:Stewart to drive F1 car in exhibition:
Barring an unforeseen scheduling hiccup, two-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart and 2008 Formula 1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton will swap racecars in an exhibition later this year, Stewart-Haas Racing spokesman Mike Arning confirmed Saturday. The seat swap comes at the hands of Mobil 1, a mutual sponsor for the two drivers, and is expected to take place at Watkins Glen International sometime during the summer. The cars involved will not be show cars. They will be legitimate race-prepared machines. Hamilton will man Stewart's road course ready # 14 Chevy, and Stewart will drive Hamilton's 2010-model F1 McClaren. The respective drivers' race teams will travel with them to the event to tune the cars.(ESPN.com)(2-27-2011)

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20110227c

Stewart may have to go on a diet.

No, because he won't be driving Lewis' McLaren. Smoke will drive the 1995 McLaren that they modified to fit around Nigel Mansell.

All kidding aside, Smoke actually did go on a diet this year and lost about 15 to 20 lbs. Won't be long before he's doing Carl Edwards style back flips.

About women drivers, I think Cassee makes a strong point. Although, I suspect Danica has a smaller hat size than most F1 drivers, thus slightly less weight to support by her neck. No, I'm not suggesting she's an air-head. On the other hand, you do need an over-inflated ego to be able to compete in F1, soooo....what was my point again? scratch

kineticKid
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  PleinGaz Mon 28 Feb - 12:23

I lost track... tongue
PleinGaz
PleinGaz

Localisation : Rosemère, Qc, Canada, Amérique du Nord, Terre, Voie Lactée

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next