FORUM JACQUES VILLENEUVE LOUNGE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Videochat
Connectez votre webcam et venez discuter sur Quick Visio JV-LOUNGE
--------
Go and chat with webcam on Quick Visio JV-LOUNGE
Le Deal du moment :
ETB Pokémon Fable Nébuleuse : où ...
Voir le deal

Nascar News

+20
Stefdy68
Kurski
hrobjr
SamYang
fish
Capone
slick
BradPitStop
ZingBot
remps
ledug
lastgard
kineticKid
Monte Cristo
sessions
abf1
Simon
PleinGaz
SpeedMetal
Cassee
24 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Nascar News - Page 2 Empty Re: Nascar News

Post  ledug Sun 6 Mar - 15:53

That's good news indeed.
ledug
ledug
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

http://ledug360.free.fr/motorsport-pictures

Back to top Go down

Post  kineticKid Sun 6 Mar - 15:56

abf1 wrote:Dominic Fugère told me yesterday in the Stade de France during the Andros Trophy, that JV expected to run 12 races in 2011, as Jacques told me 3 weeks ago.

You are right kineticKid : as I could understand from Dominic, everybody wants Jacques for the road races. But Jacques wants (need ?) more.

So in fact, perhaps his season could started at Sonoma with 12 races to do (the 4 road races Cup and NNS + 8 oval ? In Cup and NNS ?
I have no idea guys.

Thanks for that info ab. That is the most positive thing I've heard regarding his Nationwide plans in quite a while. 12 races would seem like an abundance of races after the cameo appearances he's been doing in the series for so long. Time to speculate on who his partnes may be for those races.

I'm sure you have done so already, but please tell M. Fugère how much we appreciate his dedication and accurate reporting of JV's racing exploits, especially with Nascar. He does excellent research on what happens in the garages. I also congratulate him on updating his profile picture on Rue Frontenac Razz

The #32 DG team picked up its maiden win yesterday. No surprise that it was not Sorenson in the car, but legend Mark Martin. Who knows how many more wins they would've had by now with a proper driver.

Great job by Danica. JV also fared well at Las Vegas, and its sister track, Miami-Homestead. Watching Danica's throttle trace, she barely touched the brake, which is unusual on a 1.5 mile track with medium banking. I guess it's a little bit closer to the style of driving in Indycar. It's also reassuring to see that the new Nwide CoT is not too difficult to get a handle on for someone with little stock car experience.

kineticKid
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Sun 6 Mar - 17:06

kineticKid wrote:Thanks for that info ab. That is the most positive thing I've heard regarding his Nationwide plans in quite a while. 12 races would seem like an abundance of races after the cameo appearances he's been doing in the series for so long. Time to speculate on who his partnes may be for those races.

The #32 DG team picked up its maiden win yesterday. No surprise that it was not Sorenson in the car, but legend Mark Martin. Who knows how many more wins they would've had by now with a proper driver.

Great job by Danica. JV also fared well at Las Vegas, and its sister track, Miami-Homestead. Watching Danica's throttle trace, she barely touched the brake, which is unusual on a 1.5 mile track with medium banking. I guess it's a little bit closer to the style of driving in Indycar. It's also reassuring to see that the new Nwide CoT is not too difficult to get a handle on for someone with little stock car experience.

IMHO, this is a real good reading kinetickid! cheers

And by looking at the performance level of Mark Martin, once JV will have had driving experience on ovals, he is going to be there for many years at the top level. cheers We just have to put our attention at positive aspects, and be very patient.

SpeedMetal
Irrecuperable / Grand malade

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Mon 7 Mar - 13:50

kineticKid wrote:
Thanks for that info ab. That is the most positive thing I've heard regarding his Nationwide plans in quite a while. 12 races would seem like an abundance of races after the cameo appearances he's been doing in the series for so long. Time to speculate on who his partnes may be for those races.

I'm sure you have done so already, but please tell M. Fugère how much we appreciate his dedication and accurate reporting of JV's racing exploits, especially with Nascar. He does excellent research on what happens in the garages. I also congratulate him on updating his profile picture on Rue Frontenac Razz

I agree M. Fugère is fantastic as is abf1. Perhaps abf1 could suggest that M. Fugère get some of his articles translated to English and sold to the Mtl Gazette.

I read his articles with my own comprehension and sometimes help from Google but I think that sometimes I miss the essence.

Can't wait to read all the articles from the weekend.

Go JV Go!

Also, thanks for all the videos and photos contributed to JV-Lounge.

I would be very happy with 12 races for JV this year. Fingers crossed.

Danica once said that JV was a hero of hers.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Monte Cristo Tue 8 Mar - 1:36

kineticKid wrote:
abf1 wrote:Dominic Fugère told me yesterday in the Stade de France during the Andros Trophy, that JV expected to run 12 races in 2011, as Jacques told me 3 weeks ago.

You are right kineticKid : as I could understand from Dominic, everybody wants Jacques for the road races. But Jacques wants (need ?) more.

So in fact, perhaps his season could started at Sonoma with 12 races to do (the 4 road races Cup and NNS + 8 oval ? In Cup and NNS ?
I have no idea guys.

Hello Kintetic,

Your kind words have been transmitted to Dominic.
Monte Cristo
Monte Cristo

Back to top Go down

Post  Monte Cristo Tue 8 Mar - 1:37

BTW guys ('n galls), very happy to see you here, alive, well, and kicking.
Monte Cristo
Monte Cristo

Back to top Go down

Post  kineticKid Sat 12 Mar - 15:05

Thank you for passing on the message, Monte. Smile

Although I'm glad Didier Schrannen recovered, it was great to see Dominic get the chance to call the Montreal race last year with his friend JV up front for most of the day. It was a great moment.

kineticKid
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sun 13 Mar - 11:26

daffe wrote:Purée, 2 articles de Dom publiés depuis 17h ce soir et personne n'en parle?

http://www.ruefrontenac.com/sports/sportautomobile/34760-villeneuve

http://www.ruefrontenac.com/sports/sportautomobile/34759-villeneuve

Le deuxième est bourré de stock à décortiquer. Mais demain, zzzZZZzzz...

The Fuge has been busy. I'll read more carefully later and perhaps get help from Google.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Mon 14 Mar - 13:34

Another great article here!

Villeneuve - Quand la passion de l'oncle allume le neveu
Sports - Sport automobile
Écrit par Dominic Fugère
http://www.ruefrontenac.com/sports/sportautomobile/34794-embargo-samedi-villeneuve-mononcle-exclusif-web

(If you don't understand french, let "google translate" be your friend) http://translate.google.com/#

I wish someone in the English media would pick up these articles.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Wed 16 Mar - 12:58

NASCAR: More fans are in the seats, and the drivers are taking notice

http://jacksonville.com/sports/racing/2011-03-15/story/nascar-more-fans-are-seats-and-drivers-are-taking-notice?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JacksonvillecomSports+%28Jacksonville+sports+news+-+Jacksonville.com+and+The+Florida+Times-Union%29

So what happened?

"Eventually, people who are into motorsports are so passionate about the sport, it's hard to stay away," IndyCar driver Graham Rahal said. "It's one of those things where we already know it — it's the sights, the sounds, the smells, everything pulls you in. Once you've been bitten by that bug, you just can't get rid of it.

"People are tired of having cabin fever."

While attendance figures have blossomed, so have television ratings. Figures from the Camping World Truck Series on Speed, Nationwide Series on ESPN and the Sprint Cup Series on Fox have exploded. Every NASCAR race so far this season has produced increases over last year. Overall, ratings are up nearly 20 percent compared to 2010.

While most agree the country still faces difficult financial issues, fans apparently have grown tired of feeling bad about the economy. NASCAR has taken significant steps to make its race cars look more traditional than a spaceship. The sanctioning body has opened up its garage area to more fans and eased its dress-code restrictions.

"It's noticeable at the track, in the infield, that there are more people coming to the races," David Gilliland said. "That's cool to see. I think with NASCAR opening up the rules a bit, allowing more people in the garage and loosening up the dress code, it's just made it easier and more fun. NASCAR has done a good job listening to the fans and giving them what they want."

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sat 19 Mar - 23:29

NNS: Cobb Replaced For Refusing To ‘Start And Park”

Jennifer Jo Cobb did not start the NASCAR Nationwide Series Scotts EZ Seed 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway...

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/nns-cobb-replaced-for-refusing-to-start-and-park/

I say, good for her!!!

Danica not happy after wreck at Bristol

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=jh-danica_patrick_wreck_bristol_031911

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Thu 31 Mar - 13:17

Two Formula One champs could be part of Glen gala

http://www.stargazette.com/article/20110330/SPORTS/103300390/1119/VIDEONETWORK/Two-Formula-One-champs-could-part-Glen-gala?odyssey=nav|head

""If 1998 Formula One world champ Jacques Villeneuve could also put a deal together to run a stock car at the Glen, like he did for the Nationwide Series race there in 2010, that would make the Glen's anniversary season even more significant""

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Thu 31 Mar - 13:55

Cassee wrote:Two Formula One champs could be part of Glen gala

http://www.stargazette.com/article/20110330/SPORTS/103300390/1119/VIDEONETWORK/Two-Formula-One-champs-could-part-Glen-gala?odyssey=nav|head

""If 1998 Formula One world champ Jacques Villeneuve could also put a deal together to run a stock car at the Glen, like he did for the Nationwide Series race there in 2010, that would make the Glen's anniversary season even more significant""

Very interresting paper Cassee, thanks! It will not be this year, but I will surely go at the Glen one day... Hoping to see JV racing at that occasion... I really like to see those heavy weight Nascar racing cars try to stay on that track...

BTW, have you seen the performance of Simona De Silvestro this week-end? Very very impressive... With the little experience she has, she is my preferred female driver actually. queen

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  sessions Fri 1 Apr - 14:38

So what's the verdict on Kimi coming to NASCAR ?

To me that's the way to do it. Buy a team and do your thing !

sessions

sessions
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sat 2 Apr - 14:10

http://jayski.com/nationwide/nationwide.htm

Canadian buys Baker Curb Racing team: UPDATE: Toronto businessman Steve Meehan bought Baker Curb Racing Nationwide team in a deal that closed following the Mar. 19 race in Bristol, Tenn. Driver J.R. Fitzpatrick is a key element in a planned all-Canadian NASCAR outfit that promises to take him to the Sprint Cup. "I think it's fantastic. Steve is a really good guy, he's Canadian and he really wants to see Canadian corporate sponsorship and Canadian drivers, so I mean it's really cool," Fitzpatrick said. "He really believes in me and that's what I really like. Given that I do need the experience and the time at the tracks and, even if it can't be a full year, he is definitely going to push my career along and I am glad to be a part of it." With NASCAR's exposure and huge popularity, the team should be attractive to Canadian companies who want to use the series to promote themselves in this country and in the U.S., as well as companies from south of the border looking to get their names known in Canada. But with the ink still fresh, Meehan will back the effort mostly with his "love for racing" until the business development part of the plan gets going and the team starts attracting sponsorship. Although plans haven't been completely finalized, the short-term goal is to run a limited schedule in 2011 with a long-term objective of getting into the top tier Cup Series by 2013. "We will run primarily in Nationwide and likely a few Cup races in 2011  I think J.R. is comfortable running the road courses in Cup and with a little bit more experience and practice I think he could run an oval or two in Cup," said Meehan, 46, founder of the Investment Planning Counsel, which was acquired by IGM Financial in 2004 for $95 million in a cash and stock deal. "Our focus is to quickly evolve to a full-time Cup team and I think J.R. is sufficiently talented to get there with the right people behind him." Fitzpatrick has raced nine times in Nationwide since 2007, with seven of those starts coming on road courses. He also has 13 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts under his belt. Originally, he was slated to race April 8 in Texas, but the change in ownership has the team regrouping and instead planning to hit the stop three weeks away in Nashville.(Globe and Mail)(3-31-2011)
UPDATE: Baker Curb Racing says that have not been sold. The team sold 1 transporter, 2 cars and some pit equipment, but nothing else. They are still functioning and seeking sponsors.(4-1-2011)

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  abf1 Sat 2 Apr - 16:40

And KBM officially sign Kimi ! wow Shocked

abf1

http://www.mypitstop.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  ledug Sat 2 Apr - 19:58

BCR owned the #27 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baker_Curb_Racing

As of March 19, 2011 Toronto businessman Steve Meehan has purchased the #27 Team from Baker Curb. J.R. Fitzpatrick will continue to drive the car.
Contents

Is there any relationship between JV and Meehan ?
ledug
ledug
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

http://ledug360.free.fr/motorsport-pictures

Back to top Go down

Post  sessions Sun 3 Apr - 16:09

Still seems to be on the outside looking in. If Jacques has some money for a rainy day, its time, cause it's currently a hard days rain.

sessions

sessions
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Thu 7 Apr - 6:51

Okay, the silence before the storm..........

The self imposed exile for a reason................

Surely, if there were nothing, JV would at least be seeking publicity to help his cause................

Re: Le Fuge about Raikkonen, did DF get his info from Jacques?

I know it's hard to hear about Kimi but JV has done the expensive and rough "truck" experience.

At least the young "JV's" have had their Dad around for their formative years.

I hope we don't have to wait more than a month. Sleep

I need another Canadian racing hero. I guess it'll have to be Paul Tracy for now.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Tue 19 Apr - 16:25

Michael Waltrip to race at Le Mans
By David Newton
ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/news/story?id=6362010&campaign=link&source=JAYSKI

TALLADEGA, Ala. -- Two-time Daytona 500 champion Michael Waltrip will drive a Ferrari for the Italian team of AF Corse in the 24 Hours of Le Mans on June 11-12.

Waltrip, Michael Waltrip Racing co-owner Rob Kauffman and Rui Aguas will compete in the GTE Pro Class.

Waltrip plans to test next weekend at the Le Mans course in France. He also tested at the Paul Ricard Circuit in France in March.

"We're taking Le Mans pretty seriously and wanted to get some time behind the wheel," said Waltrip, who hopes to qualify for Sunday's Sprint Cup race at Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday. "Instead of life slowing down like I thought it would after I quit racing every week, a lot of fun things are happening."

-------------

Good for him. I always liked MW even tho' he does make himself out to be a cartoon character.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Wed 27 Apr - 16:27

Here is a link found by our PleinGaz about Sadler to compete in Montreal this summer:
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Sadler+brings+Southern+charm+Montreal/4679914/story.html

I like this guy, he seems to be a gentleman... driver. Very Happy

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sat 12 Nov - 17:08

@DGodfatherMoody
Dave Moody Never allowed people w NASCAR knowledge to run the team. RT @frankjlankeyjr Why is @redbullracing so good in F1 & such crap in @NASCAR?

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Wed 16 Nov - 14:31

•Red Bull Racing still looking for investor / buyer: Red Bull Racing announced in June that it would sell the team [#4-Kahne, #83-Vickers] by the end of the year or shut it down. While there have been inquiries, no deal has been announced. Red Bull Racing has notified the state of North Carolina of potential layoffs, but employees say they have been told there will be no layoffs before Dec. 9. A few members of Kahne's crew will go with him and crew chief Kenny Francis to [#5 Chevy] Hendrick Motorsports next year, but many in the Red Bull shop will be looking for work after the season while hoping that if the team does get bought, they could return. Jay Frye, who runs the team, has been answering calls from potential investors and would like to keep the team going. It doesn't appear that Vickers is in the future plans as he seeks a full-time ride for 2012.(SceneDaily)(11-15-2011)

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm

Full story
http://www.scenedaily.com/blogs/bobpockrass/Time-running-out-for-Red-Bull-Racing-sale.html

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Wed 16 Nov - 14:37

Four Drivers Who Will Not Race NASCAR Sprint Cup in 2012: Fan Predictions

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ycn-10448367

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down